CBD-Infused Hazelnut Hot Chocolate
Every day is a hot chocolate day. Nothing comforts you more than a cup of hot chocolate except, of course, a virus-free world.
In today's recipe, we'll be making a CBD-infused hazelnut hot chocolate. This hearty, warm beverage mimics hugs, and let's be honest; hugs are not trendy these days.
CBD oil is added to this recipe. The oil adds to your relaxing morning ritual of calmness and serenity.
Ready for a calming day ahead? Dig in.
Preparation period: 10 minutes total (5 minutes cooking time + 5 minutes preparation time)
Serving size: 1
Method of cooking: Stovetop
Things to prepare:
- One and a half cup of hazelnut milk (you can choose any variant, but I prefer the toasted cinnamon type).
- Two spoonfuls of cacao powder.
- A scoop of cacao butter.
- CBD oil (check the product's dosage instruction).
- Sugar, honey, or any sweetener of choice (amount: according to your taste).
- Whip cream (optional)
- Cinnamon powder (optional)
Tools to prepare:
- Small pot;
- Wooden stirrer or any ladle available.
- Spoon for measuring.
How to prepare the recipe:
- Turn your stove's heat into medium. In a clean small pot, whisk together your:
⦁ One and a half cup of hazelnut milk;
⦁ Two spoonfuls of cacao powder;
⦁ A scoop of cacao butter and;
⦁ Sugar, honey, or any sweetener of choice (amount: according to your taste).
You're done whisking when the cacao butter melted, and the pot's ingredients seem to blend well together.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool off for 3 minutes.
- After the mixture has cooled off than its original temperature, pour your proper CBD oil dosage.
- Pour the contents in a large mug.
- This is optional, but why not? It'll be fun: Add a generous amount of whip cream on top and sprinkle some cinnamon on it.
Other things to keep in mind:
- This recipe is best served hot, but you can also serve this semi-cold. Before storing it to your refrigerator's middle section, wait for your cup to cool off a little bit.
- This recipe is best served in the morning. The sugar-rush effect at night might not be ideal.
- You can exclude the cacao butter ingredient.
- If you're on a keto diet, butter on a hot mug is great. Just take it easy with the sweetener.
- Adjust the ingredients according to your diet. I promise you, the recipe's ingredients are adjustable.
- Double, triple, or serve more cups by basing your measurements in this recipe. Remember, the default amount of ingredients in this recipe yields one serving.
- CBD oil is not required in this recipe if you're not a fan.