CBD Infused Avocado Toast
The success of a toast or any dish for that matter depends on how good your ingredients are. This toast recipe is really simple, and you’ll taste each element tangibly because the ingredients are not numerous.
A good sourdough bread, fresh avocado, and fresh egg are your star ingredients in this dish. Rather than overdo your toast with unnecessary toppings, simply eat it with few elements such as chilli flakes, a sprinkle of lemon juice, and a drizzle of quality CBD oil. These toppings enhance the savoury goodness of the avocado and poached egg.
- A slice of sourdough bread
- One ripe fresh avocado
- A dash of lemon juice (squeezed; remove the seeds)
- A sprinkle of chilli flakes (you can alternate this with sriracha or any types of spices according to your preferred taste)
- A dash of sprouts
- CBD oil (amount should be according to what the written instructions on dosage suggest)
- A sprinkle of sea salt
- One fresh egg
Tools to prepare:
- Ladle with a deep bottom
- Toaster or skillet
- Knife for cutting the fruit in half
- Fill half of the pot with water. Let the water simmer (not boil). Using a spoon, create a sort of vortex in the water within the pot, to do this, use a spoon and spin the water without spilling it. Crack the egg without breaking the yolk in the centre and gently slide it into the spinning water. This requires practice so don’t feel bad if your poached egg is not perfect in one go.
- Use a ladle with a deep bottom when harvesting the poached egg from the water. Make sure the outside of the egg is white before removing it. Place the poached egg on a plate.
- Toast your sourdough bread in a toaster. If you don’t have one, use a skillet. Turn the fire into medium heat and toast the bread until it turns golden brown.
- Wash your avocado and cut it in half, vertically. Remove the seed inside. Scoop the insides of the avocado and put it in another separate bowl. Don’t be too vigorous when it comes to scooping because you might scrape the bitter parts of the fruit’s bottom.
- In your separate bowl with the fleshy insides of the avocado, add the lemon juice and mash until you get your preferred texture.
- Spread the mashed avocado over the toasted sourdough. Drizzle your CBD oil product on top of the avocado layer, add some chilli flakes, and salt.
- Gently add the poached egg on top of the avocado layer and garnish with sprouts.
- This recipe is a basic take to the classic avocado toast dish. If you’re feeling frivolous or fancy, add something unique such as caviar in exchange for an egg. You can experiment by replacing some of the elements with your own ingredients of choice.
- Don’t use regular flat white bread. It’s not a strong base to hold every ingredient on top. Sourdough is a crunchy, healthy, and strong foundation for all the layers you would like to create.
- CBD is an organic ingredient extracted from cannabis. It’s usually safe but don’t overdo it. Stick to your recommended dosage.
- Your poached egg is perfect if the outside is white and the yolk inside is still in liquid state. Keep practicing!