CBD Oil for Pain management: Effects, Benefits, and uses
The world is blessed with a plethora of medically beneficial plants and compounds. But it turns out that CBD oil is the most talked-about naturally compound in the world today. In spite of the fact that this miracle compound – as people who have benefited from it call it – is derived from the ill-famed cannabis Sativa, it has gained a lot of consumers’ appeal. While research is still ongoing on CBD oil’s full potential, especially in the area of health and medical science; it has shown a lot of promise in many areas of health and human psychology.
In fact, one areawhere CBD oil has shown a lot of promise and strength is in the area of pain management. Truth be told, there are a lot of questions surrounding the use of CBD oil for pain management and its effectiveness in alleviating pain. Nevertheless, there have also been a lot of testimonies about this miracle compounds efficacy when it comes to pain and anxiety management. In case you are still new to all things CBD oil and you are having a hard time wrapping your head around its effects, benefits, and uses. This is what CBD means and how it canpotentially help you manage your pain and other health issues.
- What is CBD oil
CBD oil is an organic and non-psychoactive derivative of the Cannabis Sativa plant (also known as the Hemp, marijuana, or weed plant). The word “non-psychoactive” in the sentenceabove, implies that CBD oil does not possess any intoxicating properties and won’t make you feel high when you use it for pain management or for other consumption purposes. The Hemp (Cannabis Sativa) plant, has about 104constituents which are commonly known as cannabinoids and CBD oil (cannabidiol) is one of them. Though, CBD oil has all the inherent medical benefits of the hemp plant with zero or insignificant amounts of the hemp plant’s negative qualities. This hemp-derived compound possesses a lot of Medical health benefits such as pain relief, anxiety, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, etc. With regards to medical health, these are just a few of CBD oil’s benefit and uses.
In a short while,would be looking at the effects, benefits, and uses of CBD oil (especially the high-grade CBD oil like those offered here). Before we get into all of that, let’s dive deeper into the world of CBD oil to see how effective it is in pain management.
- How CBD oil works to manage pain.
Perhaps you have read a few articles on CBD oil's potency or strength with regards to pain management, and you are having a hard time believing it. Well, every good thing you have heard about CBD oil, especially when it comes to pain management is TRUE. Aside from the fact that it occurs naturally, it does not work the same way as the conventional over-the-counter prescription. When you use CBD oil to manage your pain, CBD oil goes directly to the area in your body’s network responsible for most of your cerebral and sensual activities. That part of your body’s network is known as the endocannabinoid system. This system has many responsibilities, Which revolves around keeping up the brains health and helping it regulate pain, thinking, sleep, appetite, mood, and all other brain-related issues.
To achieve this, the endocannabinoid system employs its two chief receptors, namely; the CB1 and the CB2 receptors. These two receptors are what the CBD oil targets. Even though the CB1 and CB2 receptors have different responsibilities in the body, they both use the body’s natural Cannabinoid to achieve their responsibilities. Do you know that your body has its own natural cannabinoids? Well, it does, and they help keep your body in a state of balance in the event of pain, anxiety, stress, and so on. When you experience pain, these cannabinoids get triggered by the CB1 receptors in your body’s cannabinoid reservoir to alleviate your pain. The CB1 receptor will also trigger MAP Kinase and Potassium Channels. On the very good days – when the pain is mild – the pain would be alleviated without you even knowing that it was there. Whereas on the not-so-good days – when you actually feel the pain – You would need to stimulate the endocannabinoid systemto produce more of the body’s natural cannabinoids. This would ultimately bring about the alleviation of pain. Finding it difficult to understand?Basically, this is how CBD oil works for pain management:
CBD oil supports the ECS (endocannabinoid system), give a boost to the body’s cannabinoid level and at the same time fuelthe ECS and its receptors to generate more cannabinoids on their own. The end result of this singular act is what brings about the alleviation or reduction of pain in the brain.
- Benefits and uses of CBD oil
- Pain management:as we have explicitly discussed in the previous lines of this write-up, CBD oil is very useful in pain management, and it offers a lot of amazing health benefits to pain sufferers. Aside from the fact that it has the potential to alleviate your pain, it can also make you sleep better. Not to mention the fact that CBD oil is potent against neuropsychological disorders and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Acne:as the day goes by, CBD oil is becoming more and more popular in the skin-care industry. Its inherent anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to regulate excess sebum production in the sebaceous gland makes it the most sorted after ingredient for acne treatment. This studyhas shed more light on CBD oil’s effectiveness with regards to acne and similar skin conditions.
- Type 1 diabetes: So far, many people have referred to CBD oil as a one-drug-cure-all. The truth is that they might be right. Even though Research on this subject is still ongoing, CBD oil has shown a lot of promise with regards to Type 1 diabetes. As a matter of fact, these two reports (report 1, report 2), prove that CBD oil is potent against type 1 diabetes. It turns out that CBD oil has the ability to mitigate pancreas inflammation, Which would bring about the mitigation and inhibition of type 1 diabetes.
- Anxiety: Aside from pain and inflammation, anxiety management is another area where CBD oil shines. When it comes to generalized anxiety and pain-related anxiety, CBD oil is quite useful and can help anxiety sufferers get rid of their anxiety. Since CBD oil is a naturally occurring compound with little or no side effects, anxiety patients can use CBD oilto manage their conditions without worrying about adverse effects.
- Effects of CBD oil
Even though a lot of small-scale research on CBD oil and the possible adverse effects it would have on its users have surfaced, we still await conclusive research on the subject. So far, CBD oil has not shown any intolerable side effects, and researchers are yet to discover any abnormalities in patients who use high doses of CBD oil to treat pain, anxiety, mood, and other chronic health issues.
Nevertheless, we recommended that you get the highest-grade CBD oil if you want to get the full health benefits of CBD oil. You’ll find everything you need here.