Vegan CBD Chocolate Cherry Scones
This recipe is an easy-to-make recipe that you can make in under an hour and has minimal ingredients of up to 10 items.
These vegan CBD chocolate cherry scones are perfect for breakfast, afternoon tea, and after dinner dessert sesh. Plus, you can put different toppings of your choice in your scones. Put some whipped cream on or cut up fruits and bring a different taste to your cherry scones.
Things to prepare:
- 2 teaspoons of orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 3/4 cup of plain almond milk
- A quarter cup of chocolate chips
- Half a cup of cherries (chopped)
- 5 spoonfuls of coconut oil (in solid form)
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- One-third cup of organic sugar (cane)
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour (unbleached if you want to stay with the vegan theme)
- CBD oil (amount should be according to what the pamphlet of the product instructs)
Tools to prepare:
Parchment paper or a silicone mat
Fork or pastry cutter
Cutting board or any clean surface
How to prepare:
- Preheat your oven up to 400°F.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Combine the following ingredients in a big bowl and mix them:
⦁ baking powder
- Add the solid coconut oil to the same bowl. Use a fork or a pastry cutter to cut in the solid coconut oil. Mix until the contents of the bowl resemble fine crumbs.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the bowl. Mix well until the contents of the bowl form into a dough-like form. If you think your dough is too dry, add a tablespoon or more of your plain almond milk.
- On a clean surface or cutting board, sprinkle bits of flour on top. Put the dough on top of the cutting board and start forming it into a large circle. To be exact, it should be about 8 inches wide and 1/2 an inch thick. Cut them into 8 triangles like you would in a pizza. Separate the scone triangles and put them into your baking sheet.
- Bake your scones for 20 to 25 minutes until your scones resemble a golden brown appearance. Cool your vegan scones before serving.
- Check your ingredients' background. They all should be vegan if you want to stick to the vegan theme.
- You may or may not use CBD oil into this recipe.
- You can stack your scones in a refrigerator if you want to serve them cold.
- Aside from cherry, you can also add other fruit varieties like strawberry, grapefruit, and the likes.