How to Make CBD Infused Butter
CBD-infused butter is a convenient way of infusing CBD on food because butter is such a staple on savory and sweet things like desserts. You literally use butter on anything like french toast, steak on a skillet, shrimp gambas, or chocolate cake.
Butter is a delicious food ingredient that you can infuse in any cannabis cannabinoids such as THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) or CBD (cannabidiol). However, butter burns easily, so when you put it on a pan, always infuse it with olive oil or vegetable oil to prevent it from burning faster. Do a quick shortcut on my extra tip below to know what temperature CBD oil is best with.
Making CBD-infused butter can be quite tricky but it shouldn’t be, so here's a set of recipe plans and instructions you can use as a personal cheat sheet.
5 minutes more or less
2 hours and 5 minutes
2 cups of butter
- Two cups of butter
- A cup of water
- CBD oil (follow the recommended dosage on the written instructions of the brand package)
Tools to use:
- Knife for chopping the butter
- Cup for measuring water and butter
- A deep-bottomed saucepan or pot
- Wooden spoon for mixing
- Dry, airtight, and clean mason jar
- Chop the butter into smaller pieces. It will melt faster this way.
- Add a cup of water and two cups of butter in a deep-bottomed saucepan or pot. Turn your stove into low-heat, and let the butter melt and simmer. Look closely, don't let your butter burn. The additional water and low-heat insulate your butter from burning.
- As your butter appears to melt, add your CBD oil. Your heat should still be on "low-mode." Stir occasionally for two hours until the mixture is fully melded.
- Let the mixture cool down for a bit and put it inside a dry, airtight, and clean mason jar. Refrigerate the mason jar and put it in the middle. Once your butter hardens, some water might separate. When that happens, simply drain the water out of the mason jar.
- Use it like normal butter.
- CBD oil evaporates at high temperatures. So when you're using a CBD-infused butter for cooking, make sure the temperature doesn't go beyond 350 F.
- Label your jar with "CBD-infused butter." This would inform would-be users that it's not just any regular butter. If the middle of your refrigerator is close to your kid's reach, place the jar at the highest point of your refrigerator.
- Some CBD oil brands can have a bit of bitter flavour on them. If you want your butter to be free from any earthy or bitter taste, look for CBD oil brands that don't have any strong CBD flavour like CBD Armour’s.
Some of the dishes best used with CBD-infused butter
- CBD-infused garlic butter steak
- Cannabis-infused ice cream
- CBD-infused herb pops
- CBD-infused guacamole
- CBD-infused pesto pasta
- CBD-infused parmesan mashed potato
- Mozzarella-stuffed CBD meatballs
- CBD-infused steak and mixed veggie bowl
- CBD-infused chocolate cookie bars
- CBD cheesecake bites