Hemp Vegan Protein Scones With Almonds
HEMP PROTEIN ALMOND SCONES
Who doesn’t love a delicious scone! Scones should be moist and tender and don’t have to be full of refined sugar or flour. And they can be eaten by Vegans too. A good amount of almond flour, lemon juice, butter, chocolate, coconut, and any other ingredients of your choice can make you delicious vegan scones. This recipe is easy to make when you follow my step-by-step guide.
A classic scone recipe contains animal sources of protein like milk and eggs. So in our gluten-free vegan recipe, we want to make sure it contains a good source of protein and we will be using our CBD Armour Hemp Protein. It is the ideal protein source for vegans and vegetarians trying to optimize their health and/or supplement their protein intake. It’s high in fiber, rich in healthy omega 3 and 6, and 100% organic and natural. You can just grab yours from our shop now because it is a key ingredient for our vegan almonds Scones recipe. This delicious vegan meal could become your favorite breakfast. Follow the instructions below to create your own version.
What else will you need? Here’s the full list of ingredients for the scones for 8 servings:
Yield 8 servings
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 flax egg (that’s just 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of applesauce
- 1 tablespoon of Hemp Protein
All you need now is a mixing bowl and approximately 30 mins of your time.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, applesauce, almond oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until you’re working with a thick dough. Mix it with your hands. It’s more fun to go back to basics get up close and personal with your food. So put down your spatula.
- On a floured surface, form the dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie.
- Place separated slices onto a baking sheet with a silicone mat or covered with parchment paper and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
Serve your vegan almond scones for breakfast or a late afternoon snack with strawberry jam or soy butter, and enjoy them with a hot cup of tea.
This gluten-free vegan recipe shows that healthy and nutritious baking doesn’t have to be complicated. If you have been looking for plant-based protein sources, look no further. Our CBD Armour Hemp Protein, with its natural flavor, will become a vital part of your pantry as a great plant-based source of protein.
In the comments below, share a photo of your CBD Armour Hemp Protein Almond Scones and tell us how much you love this healthy, yummy treat!