Who doesn’t love a delicious scone! Scones should be moist and tender and don’t have to be full of refined sugar or flour. And, they’re easy to “veganize”.
A classic scone recipe contains animal sources of protein from milk and eggs, so in our vegan we want to make sure it contains a good source of protein. Our CBD Armour Hemp Protein is the ideal source of protein for vegans and vegetarians who are trying to optimise their health and / or supplement their protein intake. It’s high in fibre, rich in healthy omega 3 and 6 and 100% organic and natural. You can just grab yours from our shop now because it is a key ingredient for our vegan almond scones recipe. What else will you need? Here’s the full list of ingredients for 8 servings: Yield 8 servings
All you need now is a bowl and approximately 30 minutes of your time.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, flax egg, applesauce, almond oil and vanilla extract.
4. Mix until you’re working with a thick dough. Mix it with your hands. It’s more fun to go back to basics get up close and personal with your food. So put down your spatula.
6. On a floured surface, form the dough into a circle that is roughly an inch deep all around and cut into 8 slices, just like you would a pie.
7. Place separated slices onto baking sheet with a silicone mat or covered with parchment paper and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
Serve your almond scones for breakfast or a late afternoon snack with strawberry jam or soy butter and enjoy them with a hot cup of tea.
This recipe shows that healthy and nutritious baking doesn’t have to be complicated. If you have been looking for plant-based protein sources, look no further. Our CBD Armour Hemp Protein, with its natural flavour, will become a vital part of your pantry as a great plant-based source of protein. In the comments below, share a photo of your CBD Armour Hemp Protein Almond Scones and tell us how much you love this healthy, yummy treat!