CBD-infused Garlic Butter Steak
You've probably made steaks before. Whether it's for special occasions such as the holidays or simply because you want, steaks are fail-safe. But do you know that steaks can be infused with your daily dose of CBD oil? It's possible and simple.
Impress your friends and family by cooking up something different. We'll guide you on how to infuse CBD as you progress along with the recipe—making savoury dishes as elaborate as a steak is easier than you might think.
Preparation time: Approximately 10 minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 5 minutes
Tools to prepare:
- Kitchen brush for coating
- Frying pan
- Serving plate
- Kitchen blowtorch (optional)
Things to prepare:
- A piece of rib-eye steak
- A dash of olive oil or canola oil
- Salt and pepper (sprinkle to taste)
- A spoonful slab of butter
- CBD oil (recommended dosage stated in the manual or packet inside the package).
- Heat the oven to 500 Fahrenheit.
- If the steak is frozen or simply cold, bring it up to room temperature. You might want to do this and hour before you start cooking.
- When the oven reaches 500 Fahrenheit, place your frying pan on a stove in high heat for 5 minutes.
- Coat the exposed surfaces of the steak with olive oil and rub in some salt and pepper.
- Place the prepared steak on the middle of the hot frying pan. Cook each side of the steak at exactly 30 seconds. Flip the sides using tongs. Between flipping, add your butter and thyme on top of the steak. Don't let the butter burn. If the heat's too high, get the pan slightly away from the tongues of fire and let the butter melt and drench the meat.
- Now, put the pan inside the oven. Flip the steak every:
- 2 minutes - if you want the doneness to be medium-rare
- 3 minutes - if you want the doneness to be medium
- 4 minutes - if you want the doneness to be medium well
- Remove the steak out of the pan and put it in a foil. Let the foil loosely cover the steak and let the meat rest for 2 minutes.
- Lather the recommended dosage of CBD oil on the surface of the meat and serve the dish with desired garnishes.
- Always put the CBD oil at the end of the preparation where there's no heat involved. The CBD oil formulation is simply too volatile to withstand high heat.
- Before putting your CBD oil, you can achieve a sear-like texture by using a kitchen blowtorch.
- Buttered corn and mashed potato with peas best accompany a CBD-infused steak. The freshness of the vegetables cut through the fattiness of the dish.
Now that you know infusing CBD is possible on any dish imaginable, it's time to explore other dishes and desserts. Weave through our CBD Armour blog for great recipes about CBD and don't forget to share them with your friends.