CBD infused Butternut and Sage Rigatoni
A great way to incorporate CBD Armour CBD oil in your daily routine or change up how you usually ingest it, is by putting CBD oil in food.
When it comes to easy meals that will satisfy many, nothing beats a pasta recipe. While you may have your favourite recipes you gravitate towards, we wanted to propose something more festive. With Autumn right at our doorstep, butternut squash, with its beautiful orange colour and sweet taste, is a vegetable befitting a rich pasta dish that has the power to uplift the mood of everyone enjoying it.
CBD oil a nice addition here because of its nutty, earthy taste. And every sauce needs particular pasta. Rigatoni are bigger than penne and are rigged - ‘rigato’ in Italian, and make sure the creamy, vegan sauce in our recipe really coats the pasta.
What will you need to put all of this together? A pair of hands, enthusiasm, the below ingredients and of course, CBD oil.
Here’s how you prepare your CBD-infused butternut & sage rigatoni. Let’s get cooking!
Yield 8 servings
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Rigatoni pasta
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- Drizzle of white truffle oil (optional)
Vegan Butternut Sage Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped (approximately a 1/2 of a large butternut squash)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for an hour or two
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast (this creates a creamy, cheesy taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 16 drops of CBD Armour CBD oil
First, you prepare the butternut sage sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
2. Peel and chop the butternut squash into small cubes. Mix them with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place them in the oven on a tray lined with parchment paper and roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Alternatively: you could also cut your butternut squash in half, remove the seeds and drizzle the olive oil on both halves, with salt and pepper and roast this way. After you lift them from the oven, you can scoop it out with a spoon.
3. While squash is roasting: In a high-speed blender add remaining ingredients and blend on high speed for 1-3 minutes or until completely smooth.
4. Add the squash to the blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Set aside.
5. Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and place back in the pot. Add the vegan butternut sage sauce to the pasta and toss well.
4. Put a portion of sauced pasta on each plate and top with a sage leaf, a drizzle of white truffle oil (if using) and if you want, an additional drop of CBD oil per plate on top of the sage leaf.
You can also add a sprinkling of pine nuts to create a more nutty taste.
Grab your CBD Armour CBD Oil now to start making a difference to your lifestyle and feel happier during your daily activities, like serving up this lush CBD-infused butternut and sage pasta recipe. It will make you wonder why you ever thought of going out to eat.