CBD Infused Lemon Cake for Delicious Dessert
This lemon cake is the perfect dessert staple for the whole year or just about any time you want something cheerful on the table. It's easy to make lemon cake topped with a delicious lace of soft vanilla icing and candies. It doesn't get any better from this point.
We use CBD Armour’s Silver CBD oil for this lemon cake recipe but you can use any CBD oil of your choice. If it's your first time to try infusing CBD oil for a dessert, all the more reason to try this recipe. Read below on how to use CBD Armour's Silver CBD oil on this recipe.
For the lemon cake
- 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour;
- 1 1/2 of brown sugar;
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar;
- Half teaspoon of baking soda;
- One teaspoon of baking powder;
- Half teaspoon of salt;
- A cup of whole milk;
- Four eggs;
- 2 spoonfuls of lemon zest;
- Get the juice from 3 lemons;
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract;
- Half teaspoon of orange flavour extract;
- CBD oil (Lower than a dropper; start small, slowly increasing until you reach your recommended dose).
For the icing
- 3 1/2 cups of white powdered sugar;
- Two spoonfuls of olive oil;
- Three spoonfuls of hot water;
- A drop of vanilla extract;
- Candies (for decoration: optional).
Things to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit;
- Coat the surface of your baking pan with baking spray;
- Mix, sift, and whisk the following ingredients in a big bowl:
- brown sugar,
- baking soda,
- baking powder,
- In another big bowl, mix and combine your wet ingredients:
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- orange extract
- CBD oil
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients one cup at a time. Mix and whisk;
- Lay down the mixed contents in the baking pan;
- Bake for up to 40 minutes. It's ready once the toothpick you inserted doesn't have any residue;
- Remove from the oven and cool it down at room temperature;
- Sift the powdered sugar. Add oil, hot water, and vanilla. Whisk away until you're satisfied with the consistency of the icing;
- Decorate the cake with the icing and candies.
It's an easy, no-fuss baking recipe that doesn't take up too much time. However, since it is “baking,” you have to be precise about your technique and measurements. If the instructions say a tablespoon, use a tablespoon for measuring and not a teaspoon.
Another tip is to read the recipe and instructions a couple of times before getting your hands wet. Get familiarized with the steps, and you'll be more at ease once you actually start the baking process.
Line up the ingredients together (measured already, if possible). That way, you get organized, and it'll be easier for you to move around the kitchen.